ENTERPRISE VEHICLE RENTAL PROCEDURES (effective Oct 1, 2006)
1. If renting a car or van to be used from Pasco, the person requesting the vehicle is responsible for
scheduling the rental through Enterprise Car Rental at the Tri-Cities Airport 547-3310. Five working
days are required to ensure vehicle availability and more time for vans, as they are limited. Please
notify Enterprise Car Rental of any cancellations as soon as possible. Use intermediate car or full
size car, depending on number of persons traveling. Please make notation on Travel
Authorization of why you need to upgrade to a larger, more expensive car such as a 4 x 4.
(Exception – Group Travel, which of course, uses larger vehicles, vans etc.)
2. The yellow copy of the approved travel authorization must be presented to the rental company at the
time the vehicle is checked out. This will ensure proper billing to CBC. If the Enterprise front desk
person mistakenly asks if you want additional insurance – say “No.” The contract already includes the
extra insurances. (Note: If CBC travelers choose to drive their own personal vehicles, the traveler’s
personal insurance is always primary. The state only provides liability coverage for employees operating
state-owned motor vehicles such as the CBC Astro Van).
3. Upgrades. If Enterprise does not have the car classification you reserve, they are to upgrade you to a
higher car classification at no extra charge to CBC. Any upgrades after the fact need to be noted on the
rental receipt you are required to attach to your expense voucher after your trip. The Business Office
needs this information for reviewing and paying the Enterprise invoices.
4. You must fill the tank before returning the vehicle. Enterprise Car Rental charges us a very high
amount if they fill the tank. Gasoline should be purchased only at the self-serve island.
5. You must obtain a completed and itemized receipt from Enterprise to attach to your Travel Expense
6. The following car classifications are covered under terms o