Service Repair Manual
C9 Industrial Engine
Product: INDUSTRIAL ENGINE
Model: C9.3 INDUSTRIAL ENGINE C9N
Configuration: C9 Industrial Engine C9N00001-UP
Disassembly and Assembly
C9.3 Industrial Engine
Media Number -KENR8164-02
Publication Date -01/11/2017
Date Updated -14/11/2017
Disconnecting Snap To Connect Fittings
SMCS - 7554-X6
304-1165 Tool Kit
Item Part No.
304-1166 STC Wrench
304-1167 STC Wrench
-08 and -10
304-1168 STC Wrench
-12 and -16
341-2603 Warning Film -
276-7018 Plug/Cap Kit
304-2721 Tool Pouch
Personal injury can result from removing hoses or fittings in a pressure
Failure to relieve pressure can cause personal injury.
Do not disconnect or remove hoses or fittings until all pressure in the
system has been relieved.
Using the incorrect size snap to connect (STC) wrench can cause
slippage, resulting in personal injury. Always verify that the STC
wrench size matches the size fitting to be disconnected.
1. Lower all work tools and attachments to the ground.
2. Release the system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "System Pressure -
3. Clean the connection that is to be disassembled. Clean the surrounding area to ensure that
the connection is free of all dirt, dust, and grit.
4. Pressure can be trapped in circuits after the engine has stopped. Personal injury or death can
result if all pressures are not released. Ensure that the pressure is zero in the line that is
5. Select the designated release tool for the size of the connection. Using the wrong tool may
result in damage to the coupling, or cause slippage, resulting in uns