The Alpha Communications® IR104E series entry
intercom system uses the most advanced technology
available for positively identifying visitors to a building,
(by voice) and securing the residents.
Visitors call from one or more lobby entrance stations,
and the system will automatically switch all voice and
door release functions to the calling entrance.
Once a visitor is positively identified (by voice), the
resident can activate the entrance door release, by
depressing the Door Release Button for a few seconds.
NOTE: Although this User Guide makes reference to
the model# IR104E station, it can be used for almost any
of the TALK / LISTEN / DOOR type intercom stations
that are used for door entry purposes.
Copyright© 2008, Alpha Communications®, All Rights Reserved
42 Central Drive • Farmingdale NY 11735-1202 • Phone (631) 777-5500 • Fax (631) 777-5599
TOLL-FREE 1-800-666-4800 • Web: www.AlphaCommunications.com • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AT THE ENTRY STATION:
1. Momentarily depress button (for a few seconds) for apartment
you wish to call. This will signal the pleasant tone signal at the
IR104E apartment intercom station.
2. Reply in a normal voice when spoken to. Visitor reply is hands-
free (unless a privacy handset is provided at the entrance station).
3. When door release activates (buzzes), enter through door.
AT THE IR104E INTERCOM STATION:
1. You will hear a pleasant tone signal when a visitor presses your
button at the entrance station.
2. Press and hold the TALK button and say "who is there"?
3. Release the TALK button and immediately press and hold the
LISTEN button, and wait for the reply from the visitor. You may
repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed, to continue your conversation.
Do not press the TALK and LISTEN buttons at the same time!
NOTE: When speaking into the IR104E station, speak at a normal
voice level, and stand about 1-2 feet from the station.
4. If you do not wish to allow the visitor access to the building, do
nothing further. Only if