Seminar Topics - Scholarships - Admission/Entrance Exam Notifications
USA-UK-Australia-Germany-France-NewZealand Universities List
Engineering-MBA-MCA-Medical-Pharmacy-B.Ed-Law Colleges Information
www.andhracolleges.com The Complete Information About Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
Subject Code: MC519
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY::KAKINADA
MCA –V Semester Regular and Supplementary Examinations, November 2009
Time: 3 Hours
Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions All questions carry EQUAL marks
1. a) Explain the reasons why distributed databases are required.
b) Explain the components of a Distributed Database Management System.
2. a) Explain the reference architecture of Distributed Databases.
b) Explain horizontal and derived horizontal fragmentation.
3. a) For given EMP and DEPT relations, assuming the necessary attributes a query to give
the names of employees who work in a department whose manager has number 101 but
who do not earn more than Rs.100000/- is as given below. Simplify the query explaining
the steps involved.
PJ EMP.NAME ((EMP JNDEPTNUM=DEPTNUM SL MGRNUM=101 DEPT)
DF (SLSAL> 100000 EMP JN DEPTNUM=DEPTNUM SL MGRNUM=101 DEPT)
b) Discuss query processing in detail with an example.
4. a) Discuss the problems in Query Optimization.
b) Discuss how query optimization is useful in distributed databases.
5. a) Write about concurrency control based on locking in Distributed databases.
b) Write about checkpoint operations in recovery procedures.
6. Write the local recovery procedure for 3-phase-commitment4
7. Explain the architecture and issues involved in Object Distributed Design.
8. a) Explain the challenges in ORDBMS.
b) Compare the features of OODBMS with ORDBMS.
Please purchase PDF Split-Merge on www.verypdf.com to remove this watermark.