12V / 5W dual power amplifier
The BA5406 is a dual-OTL monolithic power IC with two high-output, low-frequency power amplifiers. With a 12V power
supply, it has a rated output of 5W 2 into a 3Ω load, and with a 9V power supply, it has a rated output of 2.8W 2
into a 3Ω load.
The BA5406 has good low-voltage characteristics, and the “pop” sound when power is applied is small. It generates little
radio-band noise, and is ideal for use in stereo radio cassette players.
Stereo radio cassette players, stereo component systems, and TVs.
1) Small “pop” noise.
2) Good low voltage characteristics. Begins operating
VCC = 5V (Typ.).
3) Good channel balance.
4) Good distortion characteristics
(THD = 0.3% when PO = 0.5W).
5) Easy-to-mount 12-pin SIP-M package that requires
little PCB space.
6) The ripple filter pin (pin 6) can be used for muting (by
setting it to ground potential).
7) Symmetrical pin assignments simplifies PCB art-
8) Package has low thermal resistance to simplify
9) Built-in treble phase compensation capacitors.
10) Low radio-band noise generated. Can be freely
positioned in the set.
Internal circuit configuration
Absolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25C)
Recommended operating conditions (Ta = 25C)
Electrical characteristics (unless otherwise noted, Ta = 25C and VCC = 12V)
Electrical characteristics curves
External dimensions (Units: mm)
The products listed in this document are designed to be used with ordinary electronic equipment or devices
(such as audio visual equipment, office-automation equipment, communications devices, electrical
appliances and electronic toys).
Should you intend to use these products with equipment or devices which require an extremely high level of
reliability and the malfunction of with would directly endanger human life (such