CITY OF CHELAN JOB DESCRIPTION
ADOPTED/REVISED DATE: 4/27/00
SALARY GRADE: Union
This person is responsible for maintaining the Public Works building, Chelan Center building,
including the library and Department of Licensing Office; the Municipal court building and the RC
& D building. Person may perform utility work at Public Works when available.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promotes positive public relations
• Coordinates any maintenance or repair done by other City employees or hired service providers
• Makes minor repairs
• Replenishes cleaning and restroom supplies
• Sweeps, mops, waxes floors
• Vacuums and removes small spots on carpets
• Washes windows
• Cleans restrooms and kitchen areas daily
• Empties and cleans trash receptacles daily
• Picks up litter in and around buildings
• Replaces light bulbs and water filters
• Unplugs drains
• Cleans walks and driveways
• Performs other related duties as needed.
· Snow plow operation may be required
Work is primarily performed in an inside environment. Employee may be subject to heavy lifting
requirements. Employee will be subject to early morning or evening shifts to accommodate business
hours of offices.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• Knowledge of general maintenance and repair methods, equipment and supplies
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, other agencies and
Valid Washington State Drivers License with driving record free from serious or frequent violation.
Commercial Driver’s License
The statements contained herein reflect general details, as necessary to describe the principal
functions of this job, the level of knowledge and