Agronomy Sales Project Intern Date: Summer 2010
Sioux Center, Ireton, and Sanborn, Iowa
Local Agronomist, Sales Manager
To work throughout the summer on an assigned agronomic project and help the local
agronomy department with related support activities.
Key Job Responsibilities
At Farmers Cooperative Society the project agronomy intern:
• Works with the local agronomist on any agronomy support activities.
• Be responsible for an overall assigned sales/research project in conjunction with a
corporate chemical/seed company sponsor. Duties would include monitoring projects
throughout the summer, taking pictures, taking samples, and gathering data.
• Working with farmers that are doing sales/research projects.
• Work with corporate sponsor reps on project parameters.
• Present information to FCS agronomy sales group at completion of project
• General field scouting
• Attend meetings (sales meetings, training events)
• Effectively work with other interns
• Assists other agronomists/locations when needed or asked by supervisor.
• Participates in “special projects” when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
Progressive, Positive Work History
Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
Valid Driver’s License