Summary of Compensatory Arrangements with Directors and Named Executive Officers
Director Compensation. Each director who is not an officer of the Company will receive the following compensation for his or
her services as director in 2005:
• annual compensation of $30,000;
• $2,000 per Board meeting attended;
• $1,000 per committee meeting attended as a member;
• $2,000 per committee meeting attended as the chairman, except for Audit Committee chairman;
• $4,000 per committee meeting attended as the Audit Committee chairman;
• an annual option to acquire 5,250 shares of Common Stock;
• an annual $2,500 Columbia Sportswear merchandise allowance; and
Directors are given the opportunity to receive an option grant in lieu of the annual cash compensation.
Named Executive Officer Compensation . The Company’s executive compensation program has several elements, all determined
by individual performance and Company profitability, except for stock option grants that are intended to correlate compensation
to stock price performance.
Base Salary Compensation
• reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred in attending meetings.
Base salaries for the Chief Executive Officer and the other named executive officers in 2005 have been established by reviewing
a number of factors, including responsibilities, experience, demonstrated performance, potential for future contributions and the
level of salaries associated with similar positions at businesses that compete with the Company and other competitive factors.
Base salary levels for named executive officers in 2005 have been determined as follows:
Timothy P. Boyle
Patrick D. Anderson
Rick D. Carpenter
Robert G. Masin
In addition to his or her base salary, each of the named executive officers is eligible to particip