RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
INTERSTATE POWER AND LIGHT COMPANY
Pursuant to Sections 1006 and 1007 of the Iowa Business Corporation Act, these Restated Articles of
Incorporation shall supersede and take the place of the Corporation's existing Amended and Restated Articles of
Incorporation and all prior amendments thereto.
The name of the corporation is Interstate Power and Light Company.
Section 1. Authorized Capital Stock. The authorized capital stock of the Corporation shall consist of 40,000,000
shares, of which (i) 24,000,000 shares shall designated "Common Stock" of the par value of $2.50 each; and (ii)
16,000,000 shares shall be designated "Preferred Stock" of the par value of $.01 each.
Section 2. Preferred Stock. Authority is hereby vested in the Board of Directors to divide the Preferred Stock
into series and, within the limitations set forth in the Iowa Business Corporation Act, to fix and determine the
relative rights and preferences of the shares of any series so established, including, without limitation:
1. The voting power, if any, of the Preferred Stock of such series.
2. The rate and times at which, and the terms and conditions on which, dividends on the Preferred Stock of such
series may be paid.
3. The price at and the terms and conditions on which the shares of Preferred Stock of such series may be
4. The right, if any, of holders of shares of Preferred Stock of such series to convert the same into, or exchange
the same for, other classes of stock of the Corporation and the terms and conditions of such conversion or
5. The rights of the holders of shares of Preferred Stock of such series, including without limitation the amount
payable on shares of such series, upon the voluntary or involuntary liquidation, dissolution or winding up of the
6. Sinking fund provisions for the redemption or purchase of shares of Preferred Stock of such series.
In order to establish such s