Service Repair Manual
M325C MH WHEELED
Product: WHEELED EXCAVATOR
Model: M325C MH WHEELED EXCAVATOR PAN
Configuration: M325C Material Handler PAN00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3126B Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
M325C Material Handler Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR7163-01
Publication Date -01/10/2007
Date Updated -24/10/2007
Swing Drive - Disassemble
SMCS - 5459-015
Retaining Ring Pliers 1
A. Remove the swing drive. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Swing Drive - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Tools and Shop
Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain
fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Position swing drive (3) on suitable blocking. The weight of swing drive (3) is
approximately 310 kg (683 lb).
2. Remove bolts (1) from cover (2) .
3. Attach Tooling (A) to cover (2) .
4. Use Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to remove cover (2) .
5. Use a suitable lifting device or two people to remove carrier assembly (4). The weight of
carrier assembly (4) is approximately 23 k