DePauw University Residence Life and Housing
Microfridge Rental Request and Agreement
The LESSEE does hereby agree to rent a Microfridge Model MF2 from DePauw University,
according to the following terms:
1. The LESSEE agrees the Rental Unit will be available some time during the first two weeks of
school on a firstcome, firstserved basis. DePauw does not guarantee that the unit will be in the room
upon your arrival. The LESSEE will be responsible for storing any perishable items for the interim
period. DePauw will not be responsible for any food items.
2. DePauw will, at its own discretion and expense, replace or repair the rental unit should it fail to
operate properly, except if the unit is damaged through misuse, negligence, carelessness, or
irresponsible use by the LESSEE. DePauw University is not responsible for food items spoiled during
3. If you do not wish to have your student account charged, full payment (check or money order) may
accompany this order. There will be a $10.00 charge for all returned checks. However, if payment
does not accompany this contract, your student tuition account will be charged.
4. The LESSEE agrees to leave the unit in the following condition at the end of the rental period:
*Thoroughly cleaned, defrosted, and dryready for storage.
*All original parts (shelves, etc) cleaned and inside the unit.
5. The LESSEE agrees to reimburse DePauw for any and all loss or damage to the rental unit from
any cause whatsoever. Replacement cost for the rental unit is $500.00.
6. The LESSEE agrees to never physically move the rental unit from room to room or building to
building. If LESSEE moves the rental unit, they can be billed for the full price of the rental unit. If
LESSEE moves any time before the termination of this contract, they must notify us in writing no less
than two weeks prior to the move so we can schedule the move and a $10.00 moving charge will be
billed to your account.
7. The LESSEE agrees to never sublease the renta