Engineering Study Abroad
Engineering a Better Tomorrow
Why should Engineering majors Study Abroad?
• Distinguish yourself and your resume with a global experience.
Immerse yourself in a new culture & gain exposure to diverse viewpoints.
• Take GEP, major, and minor courses toward your Engineering degree.
• Enhance problem solving techniques and cross-cultural competence.
• Expand your academic and personal horizons.
• Graduate on time!
Can I afford it?
• Yes! On many semester programs students pay NCSU tuition & fees.
• Financial aid and scholarships travel with you.
• The Study Abroad Office awards over $150,000 in scholarships annually.
• The College of Engineering offers scholarships to study abroad.
How do I get started?
• First, see the featured programs on the back of this page and visit the
Study Abroad Office website to investigate your options.
• Next, contact the Study Abroad Office to schedule a General Advising Ses-
“It is an experience that I will never forget and was
one of the best times of my life.”
-Justin Lee, Semester in Wales, Aerospace Engineering
Find us at:
315 First Year College Commons
Featured Semester Programs
Study Abroad Programs for Engineering Students
FIPSE Engineering Program
Students can earn an NCSU International Certificate in Engi-
neering while studying in the Faculty of Engineering at one
of three Brazilian universities. Completing coursework in Por-
tuguese, students travel to Brazil for a two month language
immersion program prior to the start of the classes. Addi-
tional financial support is available.
Tecnologico de Monterrey (ITESM)
ITESM offers English and Spanish-taught courses in the Fac-
ulty of Engineering. Students can participate in research pro-
jects, community service learning pro