SECOND AMENDMENT TO THE JANUS 401(k), PROFIT SHARING
AND EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNERSHIP PLAN
The Janus 401(k), Profit Sharing and Employee Stock Ownership Plan, as amended and restated
effective January 1, 2009 (the “Plan”), is hereby amended as follows, effective July 19, 2010:
1. Section 4.1(d) of the Plan is hereby amended in its entirety to read as follows:
(d) A special discretionary allocation approved by the Compensation Committee or, if
expressly delegated, the Plan Advisory Committee; provided that at the time of any such special
discretionary allocation the Compensation Committee or the Plan Advisory Committee shall
establish the allocation formula and eligibility criteria for receipt of the special discretionary
2. Section 4.4(d)(4) of the Plan is hereby amended by deleting the word “and” from the end of
3. Section 4.4(d)(5) of the Plan is hereby amended in its entirety to read as follows:
(5) any Forfeitures remaining after the application of paragraphs (1), (2), (3) and (4) of this
subsection may be applied to make any special discretionary allocation that the Compensation
Committee or the Advisory Committee shall approve under Section 4.1(d); and
4. The Plan is hereby amended by adding a new Section 4.4(d)(6) to read as follows:
(6) any Forfeitures remaining after the application of paragraphs (1), (2), (3), (4) and
(5) of this subsection shall be treated as an Employer Discretionary Profit Sharing Contribution
and allocated in accordance with this Section 4.4.
5. Except as amended above, the Plan shall remain in full force and effect.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Janus Capital Group Inc. has executed this Amendment as of this 19th day
of July, 2010.