Associate Planner - Page 1
CITY OF KENNEWICK
Community & Economic Development
Date Updated: August 20, 1992
Title Of Immediate Supervisor: Planning Manager
Under general direction, researches and analyzes data, writes reports, drafts regulations and plans and
assists public in understanding and complying with City's planning and zoning policies and procedures.
The primary mission of all employees is to provide the citizens of the City of Kennewick with the most
efficient and effective service possible. Salaries are paid by the taxes, revenues, and users fees collected
from the citizens of Kennewick. Each employee is expected to treat all people with the courtesy and
respect due them at all times.
1. Collects data from other City departments and government agencies and prepares reports and staff
recommendations regarding the application of City regulations to achieve goals of health, safety and
welfare of citizens.
2. Coordinates the local implementation of legislation by recommending procedures that comply with the
intent of the legislation.
3. Meets with other governmental agencies to exchange information regarding planning issues and
4. Participates in Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment meetings to present information and
make recommendations regarding planning and zoning issues.
Associate Planner - Page 2
5. Provides information to developers, engineers, architects and general public on planning and zoning
policies and procedures and explains to property owners how to comply with City procedures regarding
land use and construction.
6. Assists in preparing elements of City comprehensive pla