Page 1 of 2
Assistant Principal- McCall Middle School
The Assistant Principal is directly responsible to the Principal.
1. Master’s Degree- evidence of study beyond master’s degree in educational
2. Massachusetts certification (or certifiable) as a Principal/Assistant Principal
3. Experience in supervision and administration preferred.
4. Minimum of five years of teaching experience preferred.
5. Excellent human relations skills, speaking and writing skills.
6. Knowledgeable regarding current public school laws.
7. Advocate for our increasingly multicultural, diverse society.
Aids the Principal in the discharge of his/her duties at all times and acts in the
capacity of the Principal during the Principal’s absence from duty. The Assistant
Principal is responsible for working with the Principal and the Staff in upholding
a safe, non-violent learning environment.
1. Works in the role of instructional leader to promote student behavior that is
supportive to and conducive to the implementation of the instructional
2. In the area of staff personnel:
A. Helps in the orientation of new staff members to the teaching
environment at the Middle School, especially as it relates to the area of
pupil personnel policy and procedures and general building practices.
B. Supports teachers who have students with behavior problems.
C. Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policy.
D. Assists the Principal in the supervision and evaluation of classroom
E. Develops the Study Hall Duty Roster.
F. Develops the MCAS Testing Schedule and remains current on all
3. In working with students:
A. Maintains accurate student attendance records and strives to promote
good student attendance.
B. Cooperates with the Winchester Police Department, the juvenile court
system, and social service agencies.
C. Manages stude