Be Aware of the Dangers of Cleaning Products
As the head of household, it takes a lot of organizational skills to keep everything running smoothly and comfortably for my family. Since I have so
many tasks and chores to do it helps to stay on a regular cleaning schedule. I assign days to cleaning the bathroom (unless an emergency such as a
sick 10 year-old means a random cleaning), days to clean the kitchen and so on. I try to keep the appropriate cleaning products near ground zero; for
instance keep the dish washing liquid on the kitchen sink, the tub scrubbing products in the bathroom.
I try to read the labels on household supplies before using them for a number of reasons, but the primary motivation is safety. Some of these ordinary
household supplies can be potentially explosive threats to you and your family if you don't follow the instructions.
I remember once when I was little, my Mom was cleaning the bathroom. She decided that since she didn't have enough of the product she normally
used to clean the toilet, she would mix it with another cleaning product. I don't know exactly what or how many chemicals my Mom mixed in that
concoction, but it caused what looked like a chemical burn on her face. I never forgot that horror of hearing my Mom when she realized something
was wrong. Since that day, I've always used cleaning products as directed on the instructions.
We're all aware that these products can be dangerous if ingested or harmful after prolonged exposure. We all know that we should wear rubber gloves
when using many of them. But many of us never think about the possible dangers of mixing some of these household cleaning supplies. One product
by itself may be fine, but mix it with the wrong combination and you can experience shortness of breath, chest pain, nausea and worse.
Reading the labels can be beneficial because you see the product as let's say glass cleaner. You may not realize that mixing that harmless
household supply with the urine in the toilet bowl or the litter box can become tox