Chevy's Mesquite-Grilled Bbq Chicken Quesadilla
Yield: 1 Servings
**Mesquite Marinade **
1/2 c water
1 t mesquite-flavored liquid
1/2 t salt
1 ds black pepper,Ground
**Spicy BBQ Sauce **
1/2 c Bull's-Eye Original BBQ
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 ds chili powder
1 boneless chicken breast
1/3 c red bell pepper,Sliced
1/3 c green bell pepper,Sliced
1/3 c Spanish onion,Sliced
2 lg fat-free flour tortillas
1 1/3 c Monterey Jack,Shredded
1. Prepare the marinade by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add chicken
breast fillet to the bowl, cover, and chill for one hour.
2. When the chicken is finished marinating, preheat your grill to high temperature.
3. As grill is heating, prepare the spicy BBQ sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small
4. Throw the chicken on the grill and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until it's done.
When the chicken is done cooking, chop it into bite-size pieces.
5. Spray a light coating of nonstick cooking spray on a medium skillet over medium
heat. Saut the sliced peppers and onion in the pan for 4 to 5 minutes or
until the veggies start to brown.
6. Set a large skillet over medium/low heat.
7. Put one flour tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/3 cup of cheese over half of the
tortilla. Spoon half of the vegetables over the cheese, followed by half of the chicken.
8. Spoon a generous portion of the spicy BBQ sauce over the chicken, followed by
another 1/3 cup of cheese.
9. Fold the other side of the tortilla over the filling, and press down so that it stays in
10. By this time, the cheese on the bottom should be melted. If not, wait another
minute or so, then flip the quesadilla over and heat for another couple minutes or until all
of the cheese has melted.
11. Slide the quesadilla onto a plate and slice it into 4 pieces. Rep