CITY OF ISSAQUAH
A position in this class provides assistance in managing the Tibbetts Manor facility in a cost
effective and efficient manner. An incumbent assists with planning, organizing,
implementing, promoting and evaluating comprehensive year-round events and services that
meet public demand. An incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills and tact,
organizational and planning ability and be able to respond to customers that may be upset or
under stress. Duties are often performed under stressful situations with rigid deadlines. This
work requires a great deal of interpersonal activity with a sales and marketing orientation.
Reports to: Events Supervisor
Supervises: Varying number of part-time assistants and hospitality coordinators.
Independently performs work-related activities in accordance with departmental goals and
objectives under the general direction of the Events Manager.
Work is performed primarily indoors requiring some lifting of moderately heavy objects,
some reaching and occasional use of cleaning equipment. The incumbent is required to work
weekends, and other irregular hours as deemed necessary.
• Develops and directs reservations and bookings for special events.
• Performs assigned administrative tasks for special events such as contact with
clients, availability of dates, and writing of correspondence, tours of facility.
• Responds to public inquiries, and provides other supportive services necessary to
operation of Manor.
• Greets customers and provides assistance as needed; answers telephone calls and
makes contacts with potential customers.
• Assures completion of all documents related to an event and assures payment is
made; assures effective coordination during an event.
• Prepares and mails flyers and brochures.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Acts as Events Supervisor, as needed.
Education and Train