DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLAN
FOR DIRECTORS OF PARKER-HANNIFIN CORPORATION
Parker-Hannifin Corporation has established the Deferred Compensation Plan for Directors of Parker-Hannifin
Corporation to provide Directors with the opportunity to defer payment of their directors' fees in accordance
with the provisions of this Plan.
For the purposes hereof, the following words and phrases shall have the meaning indicated.
1. The "Plan" shall mean the deferred compensation plan as set forth herein, together with all amendments hereto,
which Plan shall be called the Deferred Compensation Plan for Directors of Parker-Hannifin Corporation.
2. The "Corporation" shall mean Parker-Hannifin Corporation, an Ohio corporation, its corporate successors,
and the surviving corporation resulting from any merger of Parker-Hannifin Corporation with any other
corporation or corporations.
3. "Director" shall mean any member of the board of Directors of the Corporation who is not an officer or
common-law employee of the Corporation.
4. "Fees" shall mean the retainer and cash meeting fees earned by the Director for his services as such.
5. "Year" shall mean a calendar year.
6. A "Participant" shall mean any Director who has at any time elected to defer the receipt of Fees in accordance
with the Plan.
7. "Account" shall mean the bookkeeping account on which the amount of the Fees which are deferred by a
Participant shall be recorded and on which interest shall be credited in accordance with the Plan.
8. "Beneficiary" shall mean the person designated by a Participant in accordance with the Plan to receive payment
of the remaining balance of the Account in the event of the death of the Participant prior to receipt of the entire
amount credited to the Participant's Account.
9. "Change in Control" shall mean any of the following events shall have occurred:
(i) Any person (as that term is defined in Section 13(d)(3) or Section 14(d)(2) of the Securities Exchange Act of
1934 (the "Exchange