ENCORE ACQUISITION COMPANY
NON-QUALIFIED STOCK OPTION AGREEMENT
This Non-Qualified Stock Option Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into as of the date of grant set
forth below (the “Date of Grant”) by and between Encore Acquisition Company, a Delaware corporation (the
“Company”), and the optionee named below (“Optionee”). Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the
meaning ascribed to them in the Company’s 2000 Incentive Stock Plan, as amended and restated effective
March 18, 2004, and as such plan may be thereafter amended (the “Plan”).
1. Grant of Option . The Company hereby grants to Optionee an option (the “Option”) to purchase the total
number of shares of Common Stock of the Company (the “Common Stock”) set forth above (the “Shares”) at
the Exercise Price Per Share set forth above (the “Exercise Price”), subject to all of the terms and conditions of
this Agreement and the Plan. This option is intended to be a nonqualified stock option subject to the provisions of
Section 83 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”).
2. Exercise of Option . This Option shall be exercisable during its term in accordance with the terms and
provisions of the Plan as follows:
(1) This Option shall vest and be exercisable based on the following schedule:
(2) This Option may not be exercised for a fraction of a Share, but instead, the number of Shares, which
shall vest and be exercisable hereunder, shall be rounded up to the next whole number of Shares.
(3) In the event of Optionee’s death, disability, or other termination of employment, the exercisability of the
Option is governed by Sections 4, 5 and 6 below.
(4) In no event may this Option be exercised after the date of expiration of the term of this Option as set
forth in Section 8 below.
(b) Method of Exercise . This Option shall be exercisable by written notice, which shall state the election to
Social Security Number: