Service Repair Manual
Product: MINI HYD EXCAVATOR
Model: 308E2 SR MINI HYD EXCAVATOR SR8
Configuration: 308E 2SR Mini Hydraulic Excavator SR800001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C3.3B Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
C3.3B Tier 4 Final and EU Stage 3B Engines for Caterpillar Built Machines
Media Number -UENR3278-07
Publication Date -01/09/2014
Date Updated -11/07/2016
Electronic Unit Injector - Remove and Install
SMCS - 1290-010
Tool Part Number
Fuel System Protection Gp(1)
(1) This tool can only be used one time.
a. Remove the valve mechanism cover.
Do not open the high pressure fuel system without allowing the fuel
system to purge. After the engine has shut down, allow the fuel system to
purge for ten minutes. This operating fuel system contains high
pressure. Exposure to high pressure fuel can result in personal injury.
Note: Use Cat® Electronic Technician (CatET) Service Tool to verify that the fuel system pressure
is at zero before opening the fuel system.
Note: Use Tooling (B) after any fuel line has been disconnected.
308E 2SR Mini Hydraulic Excavator SR800001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C3....
Note: Place an identification mark on electronic unit injectors (4) for installation purposes. Each
electronic unit injector (4) must be reinstalled in the original location in the cylinder head.
1. Remove tube assembly (1) and discard the gaskets (not shown) from electronic unit injector
2. Remove nut (2) to remove injector clamp (3).
3. Use Tooling (A) to remove electronic unit injector (4).
4. Remove seal (5) from electronic unit injector (4).
5. Repeat Steps 2 through 3 for the remaining electronic unit injectors.
308E 2SR Mini Hydraulic E