Issuing Office: CECW-CE Issued: 13 February 2009
Subject: Construction Scheduling Software
a. ER 1-1-11 Progress Schedules and Network Analysis Systems, 15-JUN-1995
b. UFGS 01 32 01.00 10 Project Schedule (August 2008)
2. The most common NAS scheduling software used by the construction industry and which is
in compliance with Reference 1.b. is Primavera Project Planner (P3). Primavera is no longer
updating P3 and its availability going forward is questionable. The training syllabus in FY 09 for
Prospect Course No. 080 - Construction Schedule Performance Management - is based on P3.
3. The P3 replacement software is P6. The Construction Management CoP should be prepared
for the inevitable industry shift from P3 to P6. In order to assist in migration issues from P3 to
P6, helpful hints, and common problems/solutions will be posted on the TEN Construction
Management webpage: https://ten.usace.army.mil/TechExNet.aspx?p=s&a=CoPs;6. The FY10
Prospect Course No. 080 will be based on P6.
4. Please forward any concerns or issues pertaining to the migration from P3 to P6, along with
any solutions you may have developed to Jeff Huneycutt at email@example.com for
possible posting on the TEN Construction Management webpage.
5. This information is not an endorsement of any particular scheduling software. Any software
that is compliant with Reference 1.b. is acceptable for use. Historically P3 has been the most
common software used by the construction industry and we anticipate the same going forward
6. Point of contact for this ECB is Paul Parsoneault, 202-761-7423.
JAMES C. DALTON, P.E.
Chief, Engineering and Construction
Directorate of Civil Works