Steps in Case Study Analysis::
1. Read the given Case not just once but twice and understand the
2. Identify the main problem or problems and sub-problems
mentioned in the case very clearly.
3. Also make sure you understand the situation clearly.
4. Note down the facts of the case seperately. this includes things
like factual statements, statistical data, quotations and daigrams,
5. Explore the case and arrive at a possible solution.
6. Comment on the SWOT on the basis of the details provided in the
7. Decide and recommend, a course of action to the case not only
with the details provided in the case but also the depth of knwoledge
you have acquired about the other Management subjects relevant to
the matter discussed in the case.
8. While giving the possible solutions to the case one of the main
points to be considered is keep it short and sweet. Limit your answer.
Instead of praragraphs, if possible, use bullet point numbering. Your
interpretation to the case should be unbiased and not a one sided
9. Support your decision and recommendations with you own
exhibits, quantitative analysis, graphs, tables, charts, etc to present
the data clearly and precisely.
10. Follow a sequence of Facts, Observation, Recommendations and
11. If there are direct Questions asked, use the above method only
( prefered )
and relate your anwers to the question with respect to your facts,
observations, recommendations in short.
Case Study Method in Management
Management education is mainly aimed at developing managerial skills in students.
Amongst the various methods adopted in teaching management and management
functions, the case study method developed in 1910 in U.S.A. and is now being
propagated during the last decade or so, providing opportunities to both the teacher and
the taught to promote managerial I understanding and competence, since it helps in
contemplation and discussion of an actual situation. It is