Service Repair Manual
C32 Locomotive Engine
Product: INDUSTRIAL ENGINE
Model: C32 INDUSTRIAL ENGINE NST
Configuration: C32 Industrial Engine NST00001-UP
Disassembly and Assembly
C27 and C32 Industrial Engines
Media Number -KENR8167-05
Publication Date -01/08/2015
Date Updated -30/04/2018
Fuel Priming Pump - Remove and Install
SMCS - 1258-010
Tool Part Number
Strap Wrench Assembly
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool
Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Turn the fuel supply to the OFF position and turn the power disconnect switch to the OFF.
2. Remove the fuel filter. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System Primary
Filter/Water Separator - Drain".
3. Disconnect the fuel line (1) to the ARD manifold from both ends.
4. Disconnect the solenoid harness (4).
5. Use Tooling (A) to remove bowl assembly (6).
6. Use Tooling (A) to remove fuel filter (5).
7. Remove bolts (3) and remove fuel pump assembly (2).
8. Remove plugs (11), O-Ring seals (10), springs (9), check valves (8), and seals (7)
1. Install the fuel pump assembly (2) in the reverse order.
a. Tighten plug (11) to a torque of 95 ± 10 N·m (70 ± 7 lb ft)
Copyright 1993 - 2019 Caterpillar Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Private Network For SIS Licensees.
Sat Nov 2 18:02:27 UTC+0800 2019