Checklist – Ordering Bar Code Labels
Below is a checklist for ordering bar code labels. This checklist assumes you have your
bar code file ready for submission, as different districts use different databases for storing
and preparing their files. For more detailed information on coding or submitting a file,
please consult the procedures documentation on ITP’s web site.
1) Log in to the ITP Online Tools web site.
2) Click on the Bar Coding link in the menu on the left.
3) Click on the “Begin new bar code order” link.
4) Enter the name, phone number, and email address of the person working on the
order under the “Primary Contact” heading.
5) If there is a second person working on the order, enter his/her name, phone
number, and email address under the “Alternate Contact” heading.
6) Click the “AEA Contact” tab (if you don’t have an AEA contact, you can skip to
7) If you have an AEA contact, please enter his/her name, phone number, and email
8) Click the “Test Date” tab.
9) Click in the text box or on the calendar icon to select a test date. If you are testing
students over a period of several days, enter the first date here.
10) Click the “Grades” tab.
11) Check the boxes next to the grades you are testing.
12) Click the “Shipping” tab.
13) Enter the name, address, city, zip code, and phone number for the person to whom
the order should be sent.
14) Click the “Save” tab.
15) Look over the information. You can make corrections by clicking on any of the
other tabs and fixing what you entered.
16) If the information you entered is correct, click the “Save” button at the bottom of
17) Click the link for the File Management Center in the “Successful” box.
18) Under “Upload a file,” click “Browse” (some web browsers may display this
button as “Choose file”).
19) Locate and select your bar code file on your computer and click “Open.”
20) Under “Upload a file,” click “Upload.”
21) A popup window will alert you that the file upload is complete; cli