Service Repair Manual
330D and 330D L Excavator
Model: 330D EXCAVATOR EAH
Configuration: 330D & 330D L Excavators EAH00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C9 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
330D, 336D, 336D2, 340D and 340D2 Excavators and 336D MHPU Mobile Hydraulic
Power Unit Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR8648-30
Publication Date -01/03/2015
Date Updated -15/08/2018
Swing Drive - Disassemble
SMCS - 5459-015
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
a. Remove the swing drive. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Swing Drive - Remove"
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool
Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Position the swing drive on suitable cribbing, as shown. The weight of the swing drive is
approximately 281 kg (620 lb).
2. Put an alignment mark on the cover and the housing of the swing drive for assembly
3. Remove bolts (1) and cover (2).
4. Install Tooling (A) to cover (2).
5. Use a suitable lifting device and Tooling (A) to remove cover (2) from the ring gear of the
6. Use two people to remove carrier assembly (3). The weight of the carrier assembly