February 2, 2009
CUSTOM MEMORANDUM ORDER
NO. 9 – 2009
The District Collector, Ports of Zamboanga & Davao
The Designated Border Crossing Officers
And All Others Concerned
Subject: Guidelines in the implementation of the Border Patrol Agreement and
Border Crossing Agreement between the Government of the Republic of
Indonesia and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines.
1. To define the qualification requirements in the designation of border Crossing
2. To provide the guideline in the monitoring and supervision of Border Crossing
3. To prescribe the reportorial requirements that shall be complied with by the
designated Border Crossing Officers.
II. Designation of Border Crossing Officers:
1. The Designation as Border Crossing Offices shall be issued by the
Commissioner of Customs upon recommendation of the concerned District
2. The following shall be the requirements for designation as such:
A. A permanent employee of the Bureau for at least there (3) years
holding a plantilla position of not lower than Customs Operations
Officer I, SG-11 currently assigned at the Port of Zamboanga of Port
of Davao, respectively.
B. Physically fit as certified to by a Medical officer in a local government
hospital in Zamboanga/Davao and the Chief, medical and Dental
C. Endorsement by the immediate family (wife/husband for married
employee/ parent for single employee) stating agreement to his/her
assignment and likewise stating the members of the family who shall
be entitled to benefits as Foreign Service Officer, if any.
3. The regular tour of duty for each designation shall be for six (6) months and can
be extended but the subject to renewal upon proper evaluation and favorable
recommendation of the concerned District Collector which shall, however, be
limited to a maximum of three (3) renewals only,
4. After the issuance of appropriate Customs Personnel O