1) Which definition describes the term Internet?
a group of PCs connected together on a LAN
a group of PCs connected together by an ISP
* a network of networks that connects countries around the world
a worldwide collection of networks controlled by a single organization
2) What type of connection point is a point of presence (POP)?
between a client and a host
between two local networks
between a computer and a switch
* between an ISP and a home-based LAN
3) What is the term for the group of high-speed data links that interconnect
* Internet backbone
4) Which device can act as a router, switch, and wireless access point in one
5) What are three characteristics of business class ISP service? (Choose three.)
* fast connections
* extra web space
free Windows upgrade
cheapest cost available to all users
* additional e-mail accounts
replacement hardware at no cost
6) What is a major characteristic of asymmetric Internet service?
Download speeds and upload speeds are equal.
Download speeds are slower than upload speeds.
* Upload speeds and download speeds are different.
Upload speeds and download speeds are irrelevant.
7) Which three elements are required to successfully connect to the Internet?
* an IP address
file sharing enabled
* a network connection
server services enabled
* access to an Internet service provider
an address obtained directly from the RIR
8) What term describes each router through which a packet travels when moving
between source and destination networks?
9) What does the tracert command test?
the ISP bandwidth
* the network path to a destination
the destination application functionality
10) What type of end-user connectivity requires that an ISP have a DSLAM
device in their network?
cable modem tech