MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
Page 1 of 5
Chemical name of active ingredient(s):
Metsulfuron Methyl: methyl 2-[[[[(4-methoxy-6-methyl-
Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc.
4515 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 300
Raleigh, NC 27609
For fire, spill, and/or leak emergencies, contact
For medical emergencies and health and
safety inquiries, contact Prosar:
2. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
& 12 hrs
3. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
Appearance: Light brown solid granule
CAUTION! Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Avoid breathing dust or
POTENTIAL HEALTH EFFECTS
Based on animal data, eye contact with Metsulfuron Methyl may cause eye irritation with tearing, pain or
Based on animal data, repeated dermal contact with Metsulfuron Methyl may cause skin irritation with
itching, burning, redness, swelling, or rash.
None of the components present in this material at concentrations equal to or greater than 0.1% are listed
by IARC, NTP, OSHA, or ACGIH as a carcinogen.
4. FIRST AID MEASURES
IF IN EYES:
• Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing
• Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR
• Take off contaminated clothing.
• Rinse skin imme