Casting Call Notice Guidelines
We at Equity believe that the key to a great Equity casting notice is INFORMATION. Clear, accurate, plentiful information. When you
provide the right information in your notice, you’ll be sure to get more of the right kind of performers at your auditions. You may
complete and submit your notices using our electronic Casting Call Notice form, available in Microsoft Word format in our Document
Library at www.actorsequity.org. Here are the essentials of an effective Equity casting notice:
• NOTICE TYPE. Equity Principal Auditions (EPAs), Equity Chorus Call (ECC), Stage Manager Job Notice, and photo/resume
requests (appropriate for non-required auditions only).
• EQUITY AGREEMENT under which the production is being produced (e.g. Production Contract, SPT Tier 4, LOA.)
• DATE(S) AND HOURS for the auditions, including lunch break (e.g. 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Lunch from 1 – 2).
• LOCATION at which the auditions will take place, including any special information a performer might need to find the
location (e.g. Coney Dog Playhouse, 432 West Frankfurter Lane, Sausage, MS. Enter through the stage door, opposite
McDonald’s. Sausage is 4 miles west of Bratwurst, AL on US Rte 457.) Our online notices include auto-links to
• PERSONNEL involved in the production (Author(s), Producer, Artistic Director, Stage Director, Musical Director,
• DATES of the first rehearsal, first preview (if applicable), official opening and closing. If the production plays an unusual
schedule, e.g. weekends only or three shows per day, please include this information as well.
• APPOINTMENTS. When holding EPAs or ECCs in NYC, Chicago or LA, those cities’ audition procedures must be observed.
Outside these metro areas, some Theatres prefer to conduct auditions by appointment. In order to make sure these auditions
adhere to the principle that every Equity Member should have the opportunity to audition for you, we have establ