Castrol Hyspin AWH-M
High viscosity index anti-wear hydraulic oils
The Castrol HyspinTM AWH-M hydraulic oil range of shear stable high viscosity index lubricants are based on the latest
stabilised zinc additive technology.
Hyspin AWH-M contains a shear stable additive system which helps maintain the viscosity characteristics of
the product over a wide temperature range even during prolonged use and imparts a very low pour point which enables
the product to be used in very cold environments. It exhibits excellent corrosion and wear protection as well as
outstanding thermal and oxidative stability. In addition, Hyspin AWH-M has excellent hydrolytic stability and separates
rapidly from water contamination upon standing.
• Outdoor equipment which are likely to operate in wide temperature ranges, such as machinery subjected to cold start
up conditions and high temperature continuous running. Examples include off-highway and marine applications.
• Indoor manufacturing equipment that incorporates control systems requiring minimal viscosity change with
temperature. Examples include precision machine tools.
• The Hyspin AWH-M range is fully compatible with elastomer materials commonly used for static and dynamic seals,
such as nitrile, silicone and fluorinated (e.g. Viton) polymers.
Hyspin AWH-M is classified as follows:
DIN 51502 classification – HVLP
ISO 6743/4 - Hydraulic Oils Type HV
Hyspin AWH-M grades meet the requirements (for appropriate viscosity grade) of:
DIN 51524 Part 3
Cincinnati Lamb (Milacron) P 68-69-70
Denison (Parker Hannafin) HF-0
US Steel 126 & 127
Eaton (formerly Vickers) I-286-S & M-2950-S
Bosch Rexroth RE07075/RE90220
• High viscosity index and low pour point enables the product to be used over a wide temperature range, with good
shear stability which means no excessive loss in viscosity due to mechanical shearing.
• Excellent anti-wear performance provides exte