IOWA STATE FAIR * AUGUST 13-23, 2009
APIARY - BEES AND HONEY
Agriculture Building, Upper Level
Superintendent - Melanie Bower, Des Moines
Offered by Iowa State Fair ....................................................................$1,664
Apiary exhibits will be open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. each day of the Fair.
1. SUBMITTING ENTRIES. Entries may be made online at www.iowastatefair.org/entry. Entries may also be made on the form available online at www.
iowastatefair.org. Complete entry form and return it with full payment of all fees to: Iowa State Fair, Iowa Family Living Department, P.O. Box 57130,
Des Moines, Iowa 50317-0003.
2. ENTRY DEADLINE IS AUGUST 1. Entries must be submitted online or postmarked on or before August 1. Entry tags and admission tickets (if
ordered) will be mailed to the entrant ONLY if the entry form is submitted online or postmarked by July 14. All entries submitted online or postmarked
after July 14 require the exhibitor to pick up entry tags and admission tickets (if ordered) at the Entry Department on the Iowa State Fairgrounds on
or after August 3 until August 5 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
3. ENTRY FEE. Each exhibitor, as a requirement for entry, shall pay a fee of $1 per entry. This fee applies in all classes except Limited Class 21 which
4. Exhibitors are limited to one entry in each class.
5. All honey and beeswax exhibits must be the product of the exhibitor’s apiary and must be prepared by the exhibitor unless otherwise specified.
Please check class description for eligibility.
6. A sticker with exhibitor’s number must be attached to each container or exhibit (on lid when possible).
In all classes, adult and youth, items submitted must not have any reference to the exhibitor. This includes exhibitor’s name, company name and/or
logo. Any items so identified will be disqualified and will be on display only after judging is completed and if space is available. All containers must