FRONTIER FIESTA & STUDENT PROGRAM BOARD
BATTLE OF THE BANDS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
WHO MAY ENTER:
1. Battle of the Bands is open to any musical act.
2. A band consists of two or more people interacting with each other musically.
1. Battle of the Bands will take place at Frontier Fiesta on March 25, 2010.
2. Bands will perform on the main stage.
3. Bands will play starting at 7pm.
REGISTRATION AND SELECTION
All Registration is due February 19, 2010 no later than 5:00pm.
Registration must be submitted to the Student Program Board. Submissions can be made via
EPK, mail, or in person.
1. All bands must submit the registration form (see following pages) and their member roster
2. All bands must submit a press kit. This press kit should include an audio sample, color
photos of the band, and contact information. All Digital Media (EPK/audio files) can be
submitted to email@example.com
3. Turning in an application does not guarantee participation in the event. There will be a
screening process done by the Frontier Fiesta Association and Student Program Board’s
SCORING AND JUDGING:
1. Scoring in all rounds is based 50 points on audience voting and points on Judges' scoring.
(100 points total)
2. Audience voting: Audience will receive a wristband and ticket at entrance. They may use
the ticket to vote for one band. Each vote will be 1 point out of 50. Audience points
cannot exceed 50.
3. Judges' scoring: Each of four Judges awards points to each band for each of five criteria:
a. Technical Skills (up to 15 points)
b. Song Quality (up to 10 points)
c. Originality (up to 10 points)
d. Stage Presence (up to 10 points)
e. Crowd Response (up to 5 points)
4. Judges scores will be collected then averaged.
5. In the event of a tie, tie-breakers are as follows:
a. 1st tie-breaker, judges' points for Technical Skills
b. 2nd tie-breaker, judges' points for Song Quality
c. 3rd tie-breaker, judges' points for Originality
d. 4th tie-breaker, ju