Carlson: Physiology of Behavior
Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
2. The process by which neurotransmitters are
5. The long, thin, cylindrical structure that conveys
information from the soma of a neuron to its
7. A structure of a cell, containing the nucleolus and
12. deoxyribonucleic acid is commonly referred to as:
15. A neuron with one axon and many dendrites
attached to its soma is referred to as:
20. A chemical that is released by a terminal button.
1. The functional unit of the chromosome.
3. The space between the terminal button of an axon
and the membrane of another neuron.
4. An organelle that is responsible for extracting
energy from nutrients.
6. A macromolecule that delivers genetic information
concerning the synthesis of a protein from a portion
of a chromosome to a ribosome.
8. The cell body of a neuron.
9. A molecule that controls a chemical reaction.
10. A naked portion of a myelinated axon is called a
11. A strand of DNA that carries genetic information.
13. The viscous, semiliquid substance contained in the
interior of a cell.
14. A cytoplasmic structure that serves as the site of
production of proteins translated from mRNA.
16. An organelle that contains enzymes that break
down waste products.
17. A neuron with one divided axon attached to its
soma is referred to as:
18. A sheath that surrounds and insulates axons.
19. A molecule of prime importance to cellular energy
Puzzle created with Puzzlemaker at DiscoverySchool.com