Service Repair Manual
140G Motor Grader
Product: MOTOR GRADER
Model: 140G MOTOR GRADER 13W
Configuration: 140G MOTOR GRADER 13W00425-00740 (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3306DI ENGINE
Disassembly and Assembly
12G, 120G, 130G & 140G MOTOR GRADER VEHICLE SYSTEMS
Media Number -SENR3650-00
Publication Date -01/09/1987
Date Updated -02/07/2018
SMCS - 5070-010; 5070-015; 5070-016
Remove and Install Hydraulic Pump
a. articulate the frame and install the anti-pivot pin.
b. remove pump drive
c. remove pressure and flow compensator valve
1. Remove four bolts (2) and disconnect elbow (3). Disconnect two hose assemblies (1), (one not
2. Remove four bolts (5) and disconnect hose assembly (4) from hydraulic pump (6).
140G MOTOR GRADER 13W00425-00740 (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3306DI E...
3. Disconnect hose assembly (7). Remove six bolts (8) and plate (12). Remove fitting (9) from the
upper hitch pin. Remove four bolts and washers (10). Note: Keep shims between mount assembly
(11) and the front frame.
4. Remove four bolts (13) and plate assembly (14) from hydraulic pump (6).
5. Fasten a hoist to hydraulic pump (6) and remove the pump from the machine. The weight of the
hydraulic pump is 77 Kg (170 lbs.).
6. Remove nut (15) and yoke (16) from hydraulic pump (6). Note: Remove the woodruff Key
from the shaft of the pump.
NOTE: The following steps are for installation of the hydraulic pump.
7. Apply 2P2506 Thread Lubricant on the taper and threads of the pump shaft. Install the woodruff
key and yoke (16) on the pump shaft. Install nut (15) and torque the nut to 180 ± 14 N·m (135 ±
8. Position hydraulic pump on the front frame. Install plate assembly (14) and four bolts (13) on
the hydraulic pump.
9. Put the shims between mount assemblies (11) and the front frame. Use shims as required to
maintain 6 mm (.236 in.) clearance with the frame. Ins