Surma Secret Spices Ltd.
161 Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe,North Lincolnshire. DN15 7NH.
Tel: 01724 335492 Fax: 01724 335492 email@example.com
Fairly spicy dish cooked fresh green chillies, can be
cooked with ready cooked chicken tikka which is
even more delicious and authentic (go to Chicken
Tikka Jalfrezi recipe).
1st stage (puree)
1. Cut 1 and a 1⁄2 onions into 1⁄4’s, cut 3 tomatoes into
1⁄2’s, chop the green pepper, ginger (pealed), 1 garlic
clove, 2 green chilli and a little coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4
tbsp oil, 1⁄4 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water
(around 200/ 250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately
15/20 mins) stirring occasionally.
4. When cooked place in a blender to make into
1. Heat 7 tbsp of oil (moderate heat) in a medium
sized sauce pan.
2. Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, cardamom and the
bay leaves and slowly fry until the garlic is golden.
3. Add the rest of the onion (finely sliced) and the rest
of the tomatoes (chopped) with some salt and cook
to soften (stirring regularly).
4. Add the Mr Hudas Universal Curry Paste, and
the chilli powder and cook for 2-3 mins (stirring
5. Add the ready blended puree and cook for further
3-4 mins (stirring occasionally, covered).
6. Add the chicken with a little warm water (around
100/125 ml) and on full heat bring to boil and cook for
around 3-4 mins (covered and stirring occasionally).
7. Back to low heat, leave to simmer (covered) for 45
mins to 1 hour (stirring occasionally).
8. Once cooking is nearly over add the chopped
coriander and the rest of the green chillies (sliced
in halves) and cook for further 6-7 mins or until the
required moisture (add more water if you prefer more
sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid
semi opened for thicker sauce) then leave to settle
for 15-20 mins before serving.
500g boneless chicken (cut into small
2 medium onions