Application For Mailbox Rental
_____________________________________________, hereinafter referred to as “Applicant", and the Wilson
University Union, hereinafter referred to as “Mail Service”, shall be governed by these terms to which each party
1. By completing this form and USPS Form 1583, a copy of which will be made available to the United States
Postal Service, applicant appoints Mail Service as agent for the receipt for a period not to exceed that for which rent
has been paid in advance. Applicant will pick up mail at least once each week or make other suitable arrangements,
in advance, with Mail Service. Mail Service will provide a combination lockbox to applicant who may obtain
mail during the business hours posted by Mail Service. Should applicant appoint another person or organization,
Mail Service shall assume that possession of the combination is evidence of authority to collect mail.
2. The combination given to applicant shall remain the property of Mail Service and shall not be distribute to others
or modified by applicant. Applicant understands that the relationship of the parties hereto is one of bailment and
not landlord and tenant.
3. Once Mail Service has placed applicant’s mail in the assigned lockbox, the mail shall be deemed to have been
delivered, and Mail Service shall not be responsible for loss, theft or damage. Mail Service is not engaged in the
delivery of mail and cannot be responsible for failure of the United States Postal Service to deliver mail or to deliver
it in a timely fashion or undamaged condition.
4. Applicant agrees to use services in accordance with Mail Service rules and in compliance with all U.S. Postal
regulations, as well as local, state and federal statutes and regulations. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of
service without notice, refund or mail forwarding.
5. Information provided by applicant will be kept confidenti