BASIC ENERGY SERVICES, INC.
FORM OF RESTRICTED STOCK GRANT AGREEMENT
1. Grant of Stock . As of the Grant Date (identified in Section 12 below), Basic Energy Services, Inc.
(formerly BES Holding Co.), a Delaware corporation (the “ Company ”), hereby grants to the Grantee
(identified above), an employee of the Company, the number of shares of the Company’s common stock, $0.01
par value per share (the “ Common Stock ”) identified in Section 12) below (the “ Shares ”), subject to the
terms and conditions of this agreement (the “ Agreement ”) and the Second Amended and Restated Basic
Energy Services, Inc. 2003 Incentive Plan (the “ Plan ”). The Plan is hereby incorporated in this Agreement in its
entirety by reference. The Shares, when delivered to Grantee upon expiration of the vesting period, shall be fully
paid and nonassessable.
2. Definitions . All capitalized terms used herein shall have the meanings set forth in the Plan unless
otherwise provided herein. Section 12 below sets forth meanings for certain of the capitalized terms used in this
3. Vesting Term . The Shares granted to Grantee hereunder on the Grant Date (identified in Section 12
below) will vest in Grantee in the increments set forth in Section 12 below on each of the dates set forth in
Section 12 below.
4. Grant Price . No consideration shall be payable by the Grantee to the Company for the Shares.
5. Restriction on Shares .
6. Independent Legal and Tax Advice . Grantee acknowledges that the Company has advised
(a) The Shares granted to Grantee hereunder shall be retained in the possession of the Company until
vested in the Grantee as provided in Sections 3 and 12 hereof.
(b) All unvested shares will be forfeited by the Grantee in the event of Grantee’s resignation or removal
from the Board of Directors of the Company under ci