SOME GOOD PLACES FOR CHEAP USED FURNITURE (& BIKES) IN THE TWIN CITIES
(Comments by Tom Lindstrom and Glenn Kenadjian with China Outreach Ministries)
I. THRIFT STORES (Stores that sell used belongings—mainly furniture, household items and clothes.)
A. "Unique Thrift Store" (A little more expensive that Salvation Army or Good Will Thrift Stores, but frequently better
selections on furniture. On holidays, everything is half price.)
- 2201 37th Ave. N.E., Columbia Heights, MN 55421; 612-788-5250 (West of Silver Lake Road near Stinson Ave.
County Rd. D becomes 37th Ave N.E. west of Hwy 35W). Has used beds, often in great condition. Also often has
bikes at good prices, and TVs. 25% senior discount on Tuesdays.
- 1657 Rice St., St. Paul, MN, 55117; 651-489-5083 (Near Larpenteur Ave.) This store has a lot of furniture. Bikes
are usually fewer and more expensive than at the other Unique stores for some reason though.
- 4471 Winnetka Ave. N., New Hope, MN 55428; 612-535-0200 (North of the intersection of 42nd and Winnetka, on
the west side of Winnetka) Like the Columbia Heights store, but larger. Often has lots of bikes and furniture. It is not
uncommon to find a decent bike here for under $5, but usually in need of a minor repair, such as a flat tire.
B. "Good Will Industries" Thrift Stores (Like second best. Go to http://www.goodwill.org/ for directions / maps.)
- 553 Fairview Ave., St. Paul, MN 55104 (1 block north of University Ave.); 651-379-5808 (Their old location was on
Como Ave.) They do have a good amount of furniture usually.
- 1627 County Rd. B West, Roseville, MN 55113; 651-634-3609 (1 block west of Snelling Ave. near Har Mar Mall)
- Farther away suburban locations are: 1025 Hill St., Hopkins, MN 55343, 651-935-2760; ~8 miles SW of East Bank
1361 Robert St. S., W. St. Paul, MN 55118, 651-451-2014; ~9 miles SE of East Bank
77 85th Ave. NW, Coon Rapids, MN 55433, 763-780-1108 (west of Northtown Mall); ~10 miles North of East Bank
7324 Lakeland Ave