TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE - SYMBOL: RMX
JANUARY 13, 2003
OTCBB – SYMBOL:
RUBICON INTERCEPTS HIGH GRADE GOLD IN INITIAL DRILLING AT McFINLEY,
RED LAKE, ONTARIO
- 21.26 ounces gold per ton in new zone open for follow up -
David W. Adamson , President and CEO of Rubicon Minerals Corporation (RMX.TSX Venture) is pleased to
announce results from its initial drill program carried out at its 100% controlled McFinley gold project located in the
heart of the prolific Red Lake gold camp. The program was designed to establish the geological setting of several land-
based targets as a prelude for major follow up drilling. Highlights of the drilling are as follows:
• 21.26 ounces gold per ton (oz/ton) over 1.15 feet in a new target zone that is open for additional
follow up. This section contains appreciable coarse visible gold.
• Additional significant gold intercepts including 1.85 oz/ton over 1.96 feet, 1.36 oz/ton over 2.13 feet
and 0.49 oz/ton over 1.15 feet also open for follow up.
• The drill hole program tested only shallow depths between 50 to 400 feet (15 to 120 metres) below
surface (see tabulated results in Exhibit A) . All drill holes have intersected gold mineralization which
attests to the presence of a significant size system open at depth and along strike.
• A previously unrecognized arsenopyrite replacement zone up to 20 feet (6 metres) thick, containing up to
75% fine-grained needle arsenopyrite, has been intersected in three diamond drill holes. These holes
have returned only anomalous gold up to 3.54 g/t Au over 1.48 feet to date but similar style bodies are a
major component of high-grade gold deposits in the Red Lake gold camp.
• New struc