Colorado Wildlife Employees Protective Association
Colorado Department of Natural Resources
Division of Wildlife
Denver, Colorado 80216
CWEPA Meeting Minutes – Steamboat Springs DOW Office
April 15, 2008
Meeting called to order by CWEPA President, Matt Thorpe
- Introduction and welcomed guests.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Matt Thorpe, Bob Carochi, Bob Davies, Ty
Petersburg, James Romero, Vicki Vargas-Madrid, Shannon Schwab
GUESTS/Other CWEPA members in attendance: Mike Crosby, Mike Bauman,
Danielle Domson, Steve Znamenacek, Josh Dilley, Kirk Snyder, Justin Foster,
APPROVAL OF DECEMBER MINUTES: Motion to approve the minutes as is.
Approved by all board members.
Guest Speaker: Annette Wulff with AFLAC Insurance, attended the meeting to
talk about the variety of insurance coverage that AFLAC has to offer. With the
price of insurance these days, Annette wanted to share her information with us to
pass on to other employees, about other insurance options outside of the state’s
options. AFLAC Insurance has a variety of coverages to choose from. Once you
lock into in to a price, it stays -- never increasing or decreasing.
- They have an Accident Plan that covers accidents on 4-wheelers,
snowmobiles, etc, and you will be covered in any incident, and, AFLAC
pays you to get care.
- Coverage is Age banded: meaning, price always stays the same.
- They also have a Cancer Plan: Covers everything related to cancer care.
AFLAC will pay up to $1500 to get you from one place to another to get
cancer care. They put the money back in your pocket that you’ve spent.
- Specified health event. This coverage is strictly for heart disease. Has an
intensive care plan with it. $350/day while in care. A plan that builds fairly
quickly. It pays $125/day during therapy.
Intensive Care Plan: Has a $25,000 human organ donor benefit.
- They also offer a life policy of up to $200,000.
- None of these plans have a prescription benefit.