A Gentle, Alternative, Memory Retrieval
Process For Trauma Survivors
Catherine Gould, Ph.D.
© 1997 by Brice Taylor Trust All rights reserved.
Published by the Brice Taylor Foundation Printed in the United States of America
First Printing June 1997
This book or parts thereof may not be reproduced in any form without the permission of the
To order additional copies or to contact Brice Taylor to speak in your area, write:
Brice Taylor Trust
PO Box 332
Lynn, NC 28750
This book is dedicated to the ongoing discovery of methods and tools of recovery which will
prove to be more effective, less painful, gentler, and full of grace and ease in the healing process
for survivors of trauma and their families.
With special thanks to:
-Mary Sparks, for her superb job in editing this manuscript.
-Flash-for teaching me that healing could be done without endless pain.
- Carol Hayward, Ph.D., and Jackie Pia who supported me while I accepted my DID diagnosis
and who taught me how to begin communicating with my inner family. -Countless dedicated and
loving bodyworkers...(you know who you are!), whose loving touch gave me the courage and
strength to continue to face, release, and heal my past. -Patrick Stone who loved and healed my
wounded feminine spirit as I continued to break free, and then supported me to go for it.
- Stewart Marlowe, who lugged books around to support my history and who lovingly
- Elizabeth Newell, whose loving presence and powerful prayer has supported me though the
most difficult times!
- Kay, for her love and willingness to be there when I was penniless, alone, and terrified. -
Charles, for his expertise and deeply loving presence during my initial stages of deprogramming.
- Laurence Perry, for being my loving friend, helping me release at the highest levels, and for
teaching me that it is okay to rest.
- Doris Walker, for her unconditional loving nature, her ongoing support, and for not turn