343F 345FX 345FXT
Model 343R, 345RX, 343F, 345FX, 345FXT
General recommendations ___________________ 2
1. Starter __________________________________ 3
2. Electrical system _________________________ 7
3. Fuel system _____________________________ 15
4. Centrifugal clutch ________________________ 31
5. Angle gear ______________________________ 37
6. Cylinder and piston ______________________ 41
7. Crankshaft and crankcase_________________ 51
8. Tools___________________________________ 59
© Copyright Husqvarna AB, Sweden 2003
502 51 03-01
Never start the engine without the clutch and clutch drum
Do not grasp hot elements such as the muffler or the clutch
before they have cooled sufficiently to avoid burn injuries.
Avoid getting petrol on you skin or in your mouth. Use
protective cream on your hands. This lowers the risk of
infection and makes dirt easier to wash off. Long-term
contact with engine oil can be damaging to your health.
Never run the engine indoors. The engine exhaust is poisonous!
Wipe up any spilled oil from the floor immediately in order to
avoid injuries from slipping.
Do not use tools that are worn or fit poorly on nuts and bolts
and so on.
+ Always work on a clean work surface.
+ Always work in a logical manner in order to be sure that all
components are correctly attached and that nuts and bolts
+ Use special tools where recommended in order to work
Handle petrol with respect, since it is highly flammable.
Do not smoke and ensure that there are no open flames or
sparks in the vicinity.
Make sure that there is a functioning fire extinguisher in the
Do not try to extinguish a petrol fire with water.
When using cleaning fluids, read the instructions carefully.
Make sure that ventilation is good when handling petrol, trichlo-
roethylene and other highly volatile liquids.
The engine exhaust is poisono