REGULATIONS FOR PUPILS RIDING SCHOOL BUSES
The privilege of any pupil to ride a school bus is conditioned upon his/her good behavior and observance of the
following rules and regulations. Any pupil who persists in violating any of these rules and regulations may be
denied the privilege of riding the bus by the driver or principal for an indefinite period of time. This privilege
will be restored only after evidence has been presented that the student's behavior will improve.
1. The driver is in charge of the bus and pupils. Pupils
should obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
2. Pupils must be on time. The bus cannot wait beyond its
regular schedule for those who are tardy. Students should
be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled
3. Pupils shall report promptly to the driver any damage done
to the bus. Persons causing damage shall be expected to
defray the full cost of repairs before riding privileges are
4. Pupils shall always cross in front of the bus and at a safe
distance in front of the bus in order to be seen by the bus
driver. (minimum 10-12 feet)
5. Pupils shall not run toward the bus or run across the street
in front of the school bus while it is in motion. Pupils shall
wait for the driver to signal before crossing in front of the
6. Pupils must never stand in the road while waiting for the
school bus. Students shall wait in an orderly line off the
highway or street.
7. Pupils shall board the bus and immediately take a seat
without disturbing other passengers; pupils shall ride three
in a seat and not exchange seats unless given permission
by the driver. If all seats are taken, pupils shall stand to
the rear of the bus and not in the doorway.
8. Pupils shall not try to get on or off the bus or move about
within the bus while it is in motion.
In order for a pupil to ride a bus other than the one
regularly assigned, the student must present a note to the
driver from the parents/guardians, and signed by