Associate Pastor Job Description
Heart Lake Baptist is a contemporary, growing, multi-ethnic congregation in a suburban community that has
incredible potential for ongoing growth and community impact. We are seeking a full-time, high capacity
person with proven leadership ability who will serve in team with the Senior Pastor and lay leaders to enable
the ministries of the congregation to effectively touch our community for Christ. Key areas of leadership
and ministry engagement include, but are not limited to, youth and family.
A person of deep Christian faith and experience in the saving grace of Christ; clarity of orthodox Biblical
convictions (see Heart Lake Baptist Statement of Faith); is in accord with general Baptist tenets; is
passionate about the ministry and mission of the local Church; has a demonstration of strong relational
abilities; is comfortable with and sensitive to our multicultural context; and is committed to live a moral,
exemplary life style in keeping with the Christian faith.
Competency/skill set priorities:
1. A relational leader who believes strongly in the value of team. A leader who can be led and who can
enable others to become a strong team through the use of their gifts and abilities.
2. A passion to see others develop in their leadership abilities and gifts. This will require articulating
vision to motivate others to participate, equipping, training and then empowering.
3. An ability to relate authentically with unbelievers.
4. An ability to envision, develop, implement and evaluate plans, structures and programs.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to prepare material for teaching and
preaching that is Biblically based and relevant to people’s lives.
6. Evidence of a disciplined and balanced life that includes a growing and authentic walk with Christ,
healthy family life, diligent and consistent work habits, and a desire to grow throug