How to create your own photo gallery for your In the Pink photos and
submit them to the Breast Cancer Care In the Pink photo group
1. Go to http://www.flickr.com/
2. If you do have an account with Flickr, click the ‘Sign in’ button.
3. If you do not have an account with Flickr, Click the ‘Sign up’ button.
4. If you have a Yahoo account, sign up to Flickr using your Yahoo ID and password. If you
don’t have a Yahoo user account sign up to Yahoo first and then use those details.
5. Click ‘Create new account’ in Flickr when prompted.
6. Once signed in to Flickr, click ‘Upload your first photo’ and then browse on your computer
or device and upload all of your photos.
7. If you want to upload a batch of photos (more than six), you will need to download the Flickr
tool. To do this, click the ‘Uploading tools’ button on the left of the page and download the
necessary tool by following the instructions given.
8. When you have selected your photos, add the tags, or descriptive keywords such as ‘In the
Pink’ or ‘Breast Cancer Care’, in the box provided.
9. Set the privacy settings to ‘Public’ and click ‘Upload’.
10. When your photos have been uploaded you will have the option to add individual tags
(descriptive keywords used in search), titles and descriptions to each photo. The more
information you provide, the easier it will be for others to search for and find your photos.
11. Click ‘Save’.
12. Once you have your photos uploaded, click on the ‘Home’ tab in the top panel.
13. Click on the ‘Your groups’ tab on the bottom right of the page and type Breast Cancer Care
In the Pink 2008 into the search box. A list of groups will appear. Click on the one that you
14. Click ‘Join this group’ and confirm.
15. Once you’ve joined the group, you can upload your photos at any time.
16. The easiest way to add a photo to a group is to click on a photo in your account and click
the ‘Send to group’ button located between the photo title and the photo. Then choose the
group you want to sen