EMPLOYMENT AND NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT
AGREEMENT, dated as of May 17, 2000, between Mueller Industries, Inc., a Delaware corporation
("Mueller"), and William H. Hensley ("Employee").
1. Effective beginning the date Employee's successor starts work through May 31, 2001 (the "Term"), Employee
shall be paid a salary of $135,000 in equal bi-weekly installments.
2. During the Term, Employee agrees to provide, during mutually agreeable times as requested by Mueller's then
General Counsel or Chief Financial Officer, up to sixty days full-time work (in one day increments and up to four
day per week) on projects selected by said individuals. This would be at no additional charge, other than
reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
3. If, during the Term, Mueller requests additional work days from Employee (in one day increments up to four
days per week), Employee shall be paid additional compensation of $1,400 per day, plus reasonable out-of-
pocket expenses. From and after the earlier of (i) completion of ten days full-time work, or (ii) September 15,
2000, nothing in this Agreement shall prohibit Employee from accepting full or part-time employment from any
non-competitor of Mueller, and any such additional work days shall be scheduled to accommodate any such
4. During the Term, Employee shall remain an employee and eligible for continuation of employee benefits,
including but not limited to life insurance, health and disability coverage and continued participation in the deferred
compensation plan. Employee shall, however, not be entitled to any additional vacation accrual or any bonus
payments for compensation paid during the Term.
5. In the event of Employee's death during the Term, Employee shall cease to be an employee. In that event,
Mueller agrees to make any remaining payments pursuant to items 1 and 6 to Employee's estate.
6. If, as and when bonuses pursuant to Mueller's 2000 fiscal year bonus plan are paid to employees generally,
Employee shall be entitled to partici