Prepared For Student:
Prepared By (Date):
Sheila (2 September 2009)
I have drafted a study plan and proposed some general direction ( da4 fang1
xiang4) below. I think to complete these proposed theme might take you 1-2 months,
depending on your availability to study online. I will send you the relevant document
‘unit’ one at a time, so that you don’t have to digest too much too soon.
Take a look at the proposal below, we can always tweet it during our next lesson!
1. Introducing basic grammar which are relevant to everyday Chinese
2. Learn about 300 new vocabularies related to the topics listed below
3. To feel comfortable exchange simple dialogues in everyday situation and can
express feelings, thoughts and to give directions/descriptions.
Proposed General Study Direction ( xue2 xi2 de da4 fang1 xiang4)
1. IT industry related business conversation (will require your contribution)
2. Basic Chinese rules (basic grammar)
3. Doing business with Chinese people (probably very similar to Korean, so we can
adjust our focus if you feel this part is not really needed)
4. Places & Directions (I know more about food, but I will do what I can with wine!)
5. Time/tenses (similar to what we did in the first lesson)
1. Focus 10% on Business terms and usages, 30% on everyday Chinese words, 20%
on grammar points, 20% on pronunciation emphasis and final 20% on exercises.
2. Each document will introduce around 30-40 new vocabularies
3. Include a short paragraph of reading material to train your ‘reading’ and ‘reading
out loud’ ability!
4. Each document will take about 1 – 2 hours lesson time to complete (depends on
how long you have each time, it could be 2-4 lessons, I guess)
5. Give some sample dialogues and sentences for you to practice on your own after
Tip: Print this document for your own study and for making note during the lesson!
The order of the vocabularies is introduced the same way as t