Objective: Student will create an 8 page book by folding paper. Student will then
organize thoughts about topic by categories. Students will read and learn about
Quarter Horse breeders.
Time: One class period.
Procedure: Teacher will hand out articles from Journal. The students will select a
piece of paper and proceed to follow the 8 page book folding directions. After
folded, the students will label the book with the following headings in each
section: Article 1: Title, Topic, and Main Point, Article Two: Title, Topic, and
Main Point, New Vocabulary, Similarities in Articles, Differences in Articles,
What I Learned about the Quarter Horse, Favorite Article and Why, and Personal
Materials: 1) Journal articles
2) Sheets of plain paper for booklets
Preparation: 1) Teacher should practice folding 8 page book so he or she can
facilitate the class.
2) Teacher should read the articles and be familiar with them so he or
she can aid the students in answering the questions in their eight page
Evaluation: Student should be able to:
1) Manipulate materials
2) Organize thoughts
3) Compare and contrast two written expository pieces
4) Make a judgment and provide reasoning for said choice
110.24b 6A, 6B, 6C, 7A, 7B, 7E, 8B, 8C, 9B, 9C, 9G, 10A, 10B, 10C,
10F, 10G, 10H, 10I, 10J, 1-L, 11A, 11C, 11D, 12A, 12B, 12F, 12K,
13D, 13E, 14A, 15A, 16a, 16B, 16C, 16D, 16E, 16F, 16G, 18A
Major focus :
1) Students will analyze texts using a variety of strategies and
critical thinking skills.
2) Students will demonstrate basic understanding of texts.
3). Students will apply knowledge of literary elements.
Accordian Folded Book from Sharon Brandt
1. Folded a 12 x 18 sheet of newsprint in half longwise (I call it a hot dog).
2. Open it and fold it in half widthwise(I call it a hamburger).
3. Fold it again while in the hamburger stage.
4. Open hamburger once.
5. Folded part should be by the students' stoma