Page 1 of 3
CITY OF MILTON
REPORTS TO: City Administrator
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative and technical accounting and finance
functions in maintaining the fiscal records and systems of the City.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Maintenance of the Accounting System for City entities.
• Review, analyze and balance all accounts on monthly basis.
• Prepare journal entries as appropriate
• Prepare internal financial statements and variance reports on an cash basis monthly.
• Assists independent auditors with the annual audit by preparing various work papers and schedules
• Assists with the preparation of City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
• Guides and instructs departments in proper accounting procedures.
Property Tax Administration and Collection/ Assessments
• Coordinates annual property tax billing, collection and settlement process. Supervises and maintains the
City’s computerized property tax system.
• Review Statement of Assessment and compare to City’s assessment records.
• Review equalized value reports and T.I.D. increment values as reported by the
• Prepare Tax Increment Worksheet for review based on City’s tax levy and tax levy certifications as
received from other taxing jurisdictions.
• Gather delinquent utility bills, special assessments and special charges to be placed on tax bills.
• Submit tax roll information to County for preparation of tax bills on or before December 15th. Verify and
balance tax roll after processing by County, prior to mailing of tax bills.
• Prepare Statement of Taxes for review on or before December 20th.
• Prepare journal entries to record tax roll on or before December 31st.
• Prepare County Tax Settlements and reconcile with County Treasurer on or before January 15th,
February 20th, April 15th, May 15th and August 15th
• Monitor collection of delinquent personal property taxes. Tur